vrijdag 21 december 2012

Lino cut (sombrero with moustache)




We got this assignment in art class. You had to take a piece of linoleum and cut a symbol or image out of it. This could be any kind of symbol, even a symbol made by yourself. When you had made the symbol you wanted, you had to allign the symbol with ball-point pen. In this way the sides are visible when you paint your symbol on the lino cut with ink, each time you had painted the lino cut with ink, you had to push it hard against a piece of paper (A4 - format). When you had done this, you had to wash the piece of lino, so that you could make another print and each time you could choose a different ink colour. You had to make 7 prints (I was ill one lesson so I could only make 3 prints). What was very surprising for me was that I had a 7 for this assignment, in spite of the fact that I was ill and that because of this I only had 3 prints, instead of 7, and also that I had cutted wrong multiple times. But still, I think I could do better.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten